Delivers, transfers, and picks up supplies, equipment, materials from QNIE and departments to clients.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Operates motor vehicles such as trucks and lorries.
- Transports merchandise, and perform various demands as directed.
- Ensures all invoices are signed, dated, and authorized by the land transport manager
- Assists in receiving, unloading, checking and shelving incoming items according to established procedures.
- Delivers materials and supplies to appropriate district wide facilities.
- Drives the company vehicles for company business only, as directed by his direct superior according to the distribution itinerary.
- Delivers timely, the merchandise to customers.
- Receives the returned merchandise from customers only with a return memo.
- Reports to his direct superior any problem encountered during distribution.
- Deals tactfully with customers and prevents any inconvenience.
- Safeguards QNIE vehicles during working hours and until its return to designated parking location, following completion of mission.
- Carries out daily safety checks on assigned vehicles, as directed, and reports defaults, if any.
- Observes the highest standards of safety and proper driving according to QNIE driving conduct rules and regulations.
- Assists, if required, in the loading and unloading of the vehicle responsible for and ensures security and safety on delivery runs.
- Performs basic maintenance and minor repairs of the assigned vehicles as necessary. Inspects and services the vehicle for fuel, lubricants, oil and water if needed.
- Performs any extra duties given to him by his direct supervisor.
Not more than 35years
Ability to read and write.
More than 2years of experience, which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities in driving.
Possession of an appropriate, valid Qatar Driver’s License (Manual) and on the job training.
Skills, Capabilities and Languages (Optional)
- Principles and procedures of land transport operations.
- Principles and practices of safe driving techniques.
- Knowledge of health and safety regulations.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Basic mathematical principles.